Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wait... One More Thing I Expect

In addition to Congressmen having ethics and morals, I expect that all 171 of those members who voted against the largest corporate welfare program in history (H.R. 1424) will be standing up and speaking out, constantly, to ensure that the bill's oversight provisions are fully implemented, managed, and, well, overseen by Congress.


I am not satisifed that two committees, the "Financial Stability Oversight Board" and a congressional oversight panel, are enough! I want weekly updates read to the entire Congress from the floor of the House and Senate. Wilma Pelosi and Barney Rubble weren't overseeing things well enough before we needed the bailout-- I certainly don't trust a select group of their appointees to do any better.

Congressman Miller, your constituents will expect you to be a leading voice in this oversight excercise.